I should be studying, so of course this is a good time to blog. Here are three things to which you might be interested in submitting your writing and/or art:
Bi Women Spring 2010 Issue Call for Submissions (H/T BiNet USA)
ATTENTION Bisexual, Pansexual, Fluid + Queer-identified Youth: Robyn Ochs says "I am writing to invite you to write for the next issue of Bi Women", which is a quarterly newsletter produced in Boston for women everywhere.
The theme for the Spring 2010 issue of Bi Women will be "BI YOUTH". If you are a young bi-identified LGBT person, 25 or under, tell us your story.
What is it like to be you?
How did you come to identify as bisexual? Or, if you have a non-binary identity but use a different word than bisexual to describe yourself — tell us what, and why.
Where did you learn about bisexuality? Is/was there a Gay-Straight Alliance in your Junior High/High School?
Are your friends accepting of your bisexuality/pansexuality? What about your family?
Do you have any pansexual/bisexual role models? Where do you get support? What advice would you give to other young people who think they might be bisexual/pansexual?
o Deadline: February 5th 2010 -- Let me know right away if you're planning on writing
o Interested in being published in Bi Women? Here are the Submission guidelines
o Send your submissions to BiWomenEditor(at) gmail (dot) com
TransOhio is always accepting contributions for our monthly newsletter.
To have work included in a specific issue, please keep the following
deadlines in mind:
* February 2010 - Need submissions by Wed., January 20, 2010
* March 2010 - Need submissions by Wed., February 24, 2010
* April 2010 - Need submissions by Wed., March 24, 2010
* May 2010 - Need submissions by Wed., April 22, 2010
* June 2010 - Need submissions by Wed., May 26, 2010
* July 2010 - Need submissions by Wed., June 23, 2010
* August 2010 - Need submissions by Wed., July 21, 2010
We're interested in the following:
* poetry & short stories (fiction & non-fiction)
* reviews and narratives about workshops & conferences
* opinion essays
* coming out letters to family & friends
* photos & artwork (drawings, paintings, etc.)
* local and national workshops and events
* book and movie reviews or recommendations
* online resources
* trans-friendly doctors, services, support groups, counselors, etc
* GLBTQI identities in the Trans-world
* Partner/SO/SOFFA/Family/Ally experiences and observations
Send your contributions by email to TransOhio at: TransOhio at gmail dot com .
Something on the Inside is a creative project that seeks to inspire advocacy and raise awareness regarding the increasing impact of HIV/AIDS on the lives of women and girls.
Female artists are needed to submit original works of art that speak to the impact of HIV/AIDS on the lives of women and girls.
Artwork will be on display at the Center on High (Columbus, Ohio) for the month of March, in recognition of National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day.
An opening reception will be held on Saturday, March 6, 2010 along with a performance by Tracy Walker (www.tracywalker.com). The purpose of the event will be to increase awareness, and raise funds for the Ohio AIDS Coalition.
Please submit your work to Erin at somethingontheinside at gmail dot com
Deadline for submissions is February 20, 2010.