Thursday, May 7, 2009

Important Blog Roundup Thingy

Say hey, bisexuals, pansexuals, queers, other such fluid folk, and our allies. I have some stuff written by other people for you to read. I need to do more regular re-occurring features on here. Sunday generally seems to be the day that lots of other blogs have blog entries about other great blog entries. But my life has been pretty crazy lately, and I'm currently trying to catch up on what I've missed, so you get it on a Thursday! (...it is Thursday, right?)
Please check out all the content listed below, because it's all fantastic and important.

I missed Blogging Against Disablism Day. :( More about that later.

Women in Love: Understanding Heterosexual Privilege - Please Live & Let Live - I've seen this before, but if you haven't, please check it out.

Feminist Avengers: Ohio State to Violate Students’ Rights Using Student Funds (potential triggers) - I will be doing direct action against this

TransOhio: Why feminists should be concerned with the impending revision of the DSM - WHAT THE F, GUYS.

The Bilerico Project: Diesel-powered Ageism - Ageism makes me really, really sad.

Queers United: Dr Phil Show - "Teen Pretending to Be Bisexual" - I really hate Dr. Phil. This comment about him is priceless. Here's my $0.02 regarding "trendy" bisexuality.

Queers United: Right to Save Campaign - May 16th - Support the end of government sanctioned discrimination! - Help Change the FDA's current Policy [regarding donating blood]!"

Queers United: Procter & Gamble Embraces the "T" By Including Gender Identity - That's an Ohio-based company (Cincy). Yay Ohio! See my two cents regarding P&G's animal testing.

Queers United: A Comprehensive LGBT Guide for Elementary Schools - Yes!!! Download it.

Queers United (hey, there's a lot of great content!): Urge NH Gov. John Lynch to Sign Marriage Bill! - As I said yesterday, Maine ought not to be ahead of NH when it comes to such rights

Queers United: Diversity Lesson 101 - Homeless Sexual Minorities - This is a hugely important issue.

Bash Back! News: Boston Bashes Back Against Exodus - Important criticism of Exodus, hate crimes legislation and Join the Impact. I don't always 100% agree with radical queers, but I find myself leaning in that direction, and I try to make sure I am listening to a diverse group of voices. I do identify with Bash Back! more than mainstream marriage equality groups, HRC, etc.


So that's a lot for now. Check 'em out. Maybe (okay, probably) more later.

No comments: